BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Peyton is 10 Months!!

On Christmas Day, my not-so-little man hit the 10 month mile marker. I can't believe he is that close to being one already. Every day, I think to myself "There is no way that he can make me smile anymore than he did today," and every day, he proves me wrong. He is the sweetest little guy I could have asked for and thank goodness that the Lord knows what I need more than I do because I got so much more than I would have ever even thought to ask for.

He is so much fun! He learned, quite fast, while we were at my dad's house that he can climb the stairs and boy, does he think that is just the bee's knees. He would start heading for those stairs, look back to see who was watching and then just take off. Before we knew it, he'd be at the first landing, giggling away. He is into everything now, which at our house generally isn't a problem but we got to see first hand why baby-proofing is so important while we were at my dad's. Thankfully, there wasn't any problems, just him being a nosy little boy.He finally has another tooth on the bottom of his jaw. It's on the right side and the one on the left is working on coming up. This boy is going to have a full mouth of teeth before he is 1!

One of the toys he got for Christmas is a walker style toy and he's learned to book it on that. It's a little alphabet train and it's tall enough that he doesn't have to bend over when he walks to hold onto it. He is still a little wobbly and sometimes, his top half goes faster than his bottom half but I think he might be walking on his own before his birthday. He is getting braver every day.

We recently found out that he doesn't appreciate fry sauce...at all...I gave him some tater tots on while I was cooking some more, Jayson dipped just one in a little spot of fry sauce and gave it to him. After he spit that one out, he wouldn't even touch the tots that didn't have fry sauce. I am pretty sure that this is the first thing we have found that he doesn't like...and Jayson plans on changing that as soon as he can (Jayson will eat fry sauce with just about anything).

Before school starts, I hope to get Peyton using sippy cups instead of bottles during the day. We tried to get him used to them today but he just HATES it. He fell asleep twice without a bottle/cup, which is very weird for him. He just refuses the cup and then daddy came "to the rescue" and gave him a bottle. I don't know what is going to be harder; getting Peyton on the cup or getting Jayson to put up with it while I do.

Oh, and the best thing I got him for Christmas??? He finally has his own Manning Colts jersey. I walked past a store in Logan that had them for 40% off and I just couldn't help myself! He looks quite handsome, if I do say so myself!!Anyway, that catches us up with Peyton the Tank, or as I have started calling him 'Goose'. He is, and will always be my little goose.


And, as always, my note:


My Goose:

You are getting so big and you are so smart! You know when you are getting into something that you shouldn't be and sometimes, it is so hard to tell you no because you are just so stinking cute. I love you more than words could ever describe and every day, that love just grows and grows. I can't believe we are getting so close to your birthday. I'm excited and sad at the same time. It's going to be fun, I'm planning a whole party for you with a Mickey Mouse cake that I am decorating myself. Daddy thinks we should just buy one but I want to make it for my special little guy.
I bought you Dumbo for Christmas and even though you don't like the whole movie, when the spot comes on that sings "Baby Mine", you stop and watch. Guess that's what I was buying it for. I love singing that song to you and I try to every chance I get. You are growing up too fast and I am afraid that I missing chances left and right but just know that I am trying. I love you Peyton. I can't wait to see what a good man you will grow up to be. But then again, I can wait forever. Stay sweet my precious man. I love you Goose.

Love,
Mommy

0 comments: