BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

...Running Water...

Okay, I thought this was HILARIOUS so I decided to share with those who want to hear it.


For the past two days, my contractions have been every 2-5 minutes for HOURS on end and yesterday, I actually went to the hospital to be checked out. We're getting close but not quite there yet. Anyway, since my contractions have been so close together and seem to be getting a little stronger, I have been trying to pay attention to every possible sign that the actual labor might be beginning.


As many of you know, pregnant women pee...a LOT. Plus, the baby dropped a few weeks ago and has made this process even more of a frequent occurrence. For those that have never been pregnant, I'm going to explain the sensation to you...imagine you haven't peed for DAYS. You feel like you are going to absolutely EXPLODE!! Now imagine feeling like this every 2-3 hours....that part I can deal with. The part I hate about being a pregnant pee'er is that I feel like I'm going to explode every 2-3 hours and then, when I finally get to go to the bathroom, it's usually a tinkle. Frustrating...


I try my best not to go to the bathroom while I am on the clock at work, so when five o'clock hits or my last patient is gone, my first stop is the bathroom.


That's part A of the history....here's part B.....


Our toilet at work has been "broken". It still works but sometimes you have to play with it to get it to work right. The tank has a tendency to not fill after you flush or will continue to run constantly and just drain. Because of this problem, it has become a habit to double check the tank before we use the toilet to see if it's full. We leave the lid off of the tank just because this is such a frequent issue. Not great, but it works so that's all that really matters.


So feeling this potential-to-explode-sensation, I head to the bathroom, and out of habit, check the tank to see if it's ready to go. Nope. Empty. That's okay, I know how to handle this. I push the little thingy down and the tank begins to fill. While it's filling, I continue to go about my business.


Now remember what I said about it just being a tinkle?? Yup, nothing new there; still just a tinkle. So as I go to clean myself up, I can hear water slowly trickling.....but I KNOW for a fact that I am done peeing. There is NO chance that I am still tinkling.



Immediately, my heart begins to pound and scenarios are running through my mind.



"I'm due in ten days."


"I've been having contractions solid for two days."


"OH MY GOSH!!! MY WATER BROKE!!!!!"


.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
......
.....



Remember the toilet tank? Filling up?

Yup...
just the tank filling up.





I hope you guys found this as funny as I did (once I got my heart rate back down!)

0 comments: