BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Eight Month Update!

Believe it or not, we have hit the eight month mark. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't have such amazing math skills :) He is so big now! We had to take him in to check if his ears were infected again (they were) and when they weighed him, he was 22 pounds! I love this chunky man.He finally has all four teeth and he is working on his fifth and sixth tooth as we speak. He looks so stinking cute with all those teeth but it is just one more reminder that he isn't staying little forever like I want him too. I guess he's going to be a rebel from the beginning :)

I'm not sure why but about two weeks ago, he started doing this weird, hilarious, blink-spasm thing. He will look at the light, or you, or anything, and blink and twitch at the same time.
It's a 'hard' blink too, with his eyes all scrunched up. It is SOOOO freaking funny. I bust a gut every time he does it and he has gotten to the point that sometimes when I go "Peyton.....do it...." he will start doing it just for me. Sometimes, to top it off, he makes this throat clearing noise when he does it and that just sends me over the moon!


Tell me this isn't the funniest thing you have ever seen?? I just love it!!

He is ALMOST crawling but just like with the rolling thing, he gets halfway there, gets frustrated and gives up. He can move backwards and he gets around the rooms by laying on his stomach and then pushing himself forward. Then he sits up and rotates the other direction. He does this several times and gets himself wherever he wants to go. It's pretty cute to watch him scoot around. He is loving the fact that he is somewhat mobile but I really can't wait until he is fully crawling. It'll make my life a little bit more crazy but a little bit more sane at the same time. And only you other mommies will understand what I mean.

He does the funniest things to interact with me these days. He is eating finger foods, like Cheerios and the Gerber Graduates Puffs. Sometimes, when he eats too fast, he coughs/chokes a little on his saliva. I always say to him "Be careful buddy," and he will look at me, smile and then fake cough a few more times. Then I will say "Oh, you are such a little faker!" and he will just giggle!! My nerdy little man.

Jayson and I have hit the middle of our semester and I can't wait for it to be done! It's not that our classes are hard, by any means. I am just so SICK of driving to Saint George three times a week. I was tentatively planning our next semester (which will also be at Dixie State) and if it all goes like I want it to, we can make it so we are only driving down to Saint George one day a week! That means spending less on gas, less on daycare and maybe Jayson and I can afford a date night once in a while. If we're only going to class one day a week, we would spend the same amount on daycare for the whole semester as we do in six weeks now and gas is no different. We are filling up our tank about once a week which means we are spending at least $150 a month on gas; keep in mind, our income is $1000 a month. I'm sick of being so strapped so I seriously can't wait for next semester! Plus, our classes should be a little more challenging. Biology, Chemistry, English 2010 and elementary algebra (ya, the one they do in high schools; we're dumb).

Anyway, that's about it for us this month. Jayson and I are getting excited for Peyton's first Christmas. We aren't sure where we are spending it this year. It was going to be with my family but unless they quit smoking by then, we will be spending it with Jayson's family. That will be really hard for me; I really wanted Peyton's first Christmas to be with my family but I don't know if I'm going to be able to. I guess only time will tell. So anyway, we'll hang on until next month and see ya then!

As always,

Peyton,
You are getting bigger every day. I sure wish you would try crawling! You get so close, and it makes me so happy to see you learning new things. You just need to try a little harder and you'll have it. I can't believe just a couple more months and you will be a year old. It really isn't fair and someday, when you have kids of your own, you will understand all of the excitement and heartache I go through every day. You make everyone around you smile and you don't even have to try, it's just a natural quality you seem to have. You are the BIGGEST flirt I have ever seen. You got mad at me because I stood between you and a female clerk at the store the other day. You hollered at me until I moved and then you sat there and smiled and winked at her. You made the poor girl blush. I love you so much Peyton. You are my biggest little man and I love how much you have changed my life. Some days are hard but they are completely worth it. I love you so much honey. Keep smiling and keep growing; I know you need to, even if I wish it happened a little slower. Love you buddy.

Love,
Mom

0 comments: