BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 5, 2012

15 Months and Disneyland!

I still haven't figured out how to stop my little man from growing so here we are, celebrating his latest milestone. On May 25, my little guy was a big 15 month old!

We had spent an awesome week in Disneyland with Poppa, Grandma, Felicia, Aaron, Jen and Derek. Peyton did really good on all the flights; I was pretty impressed with him. It was hot and humid in Disneyland and was quite a change from what we were used to in little ol' Cedar City. Peyton had recently grown quite attached to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV and I couldn't wait to introduce him to Mickey Mouse for real! I hoped that he would be okay with the characters and not be frightened but we were just going to have to wait and see.

Peyton had recently discovered that Mommy was getting slower and he was getting faster and he used that to his advantage every chance he got. He sure is a fast little guy, especially with those chubby bowed legs! Thankfully, Poppa stayed with us the whole trip so Jayson had a little bit of help (since I wasn't much help at all!).

We were able to see a couple of characters; not as many as I would've liked but Peyton is too little to understand why everyone is just standing around in line all day so I didn't push the issue. We got to see Tigger, Eeyore, Pooh and of course, Mickey Mouse! Since Tigger was the first one we saw, Peyton wasn't quite sure what to think about him. He stood for pictures but that was about it. Once we went around the corner to Eeyore though, Peyton lost all inhibition! He leaned over from my arms and gave Eeyore a big kiss without even being asked to!! It was one of the cutest things I had seen him do. My little lover man! :)




Leaning in for loves!

One of the SEVERAL kisses Mickey got.


For some reason, Peyton looks grumpy in this pic but it makes me giggle! 




And how is just Peyton? Great, growing all the time. He is starting to babble quite a bit and some words are very obvious. He says "ha-whoa" when he picks up someone's phone and he says "bye bye" when you're leaving. He doesn't really say Mickey Mouse but it's "um-mou" and we've come to find that is Mickey. He has a lot of cute little habits now. He does a strong face on command (Peyton, give me a strong face!) and he can point to several body parts including his belly button, ears, nose and when you ask him where his mouth is, he sticks his tongue out and goes "blah!" He is quite the little man and he makes his mommy very happy. :)

So that kinda catches up Peyton; now that he is over a year old, I am probably not going to be able to do monthly updates. I might still try but if nothing else, I'm going to hit the milestone months so the next one will be 18 months. And since this is a past update, I'm going to skip the letter to Peyton (don't want to make it up) so that will start again at the 18 month one. Hope you enjoyed this little catch up!

0 comments: