BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wow!!

Oh my gosh! It has been a super long time since my last post. Sorry about that guys!

So, we have finally moved out of our apartment and we have been living in Richmond for just over a month now. I still haven't taken pictures of our new place (mostly because I still have finished decorating the inside and it's not worth taking pictures yet!) so you'll all just have to wait :) We both LOVE our new place. It's bigger than our apartment was and, as a perk to me, it's right across the street from my mom so I can see my little brother and sister pretty much whenever I want. My mom really likes the fact she can be a "Marie Barone" too, haha! I think the best thing about our new place is we aren't sharing walls with anyone!!!! I can drop something on the floor and not worry if I am making my neighbors mad or not. It's been great! We finally got a washer and dryer, courtesy of Jayson's sister Jen and her husband Derek. I love being able to do my laundry whenever I want. The whole first week we were in our new place, I did laundry every day just to do laundry. It was great; oh the simple pleasures in life.

Another awesome update: I graduate from my first college degree in 17 days!!!! I am almost finished with my internship, only about 40 more hours to go. I am working in a pediatrics clinic which is the best! It is so much fun working with all these young kids and babies. We don't "practice" on kids while we are in school so it definitely changed my perspective on things and you have to learn a lot of neat tricks to handle those little ones quickly! But, working with little newborn babies all day has also changed my perspective on some things as well...maybe it's time for us to start a family.....hahahaha....However, because I work 40+ hours at the clinic and I still have my part time job with Jayson, I have been working 60+ hours a week and have been exhausted. Thankfully, I have such an amazing husband that the house work hasn't suffered (in one day, 4 loads of laundry were washed, dried and put away; dishes were done, the bathroom was cleaned, the carpets vacuumed and dinner and desert were made before I got home) so I haven't completely lost my mind. Close, but thanks to Jayson, not completely.

Since I am so close to graduation, it was time for me to start looking for a "real" job and so far, so good. I have two job interviews tomorrow so hopefully, one of them will pan out. It would be great to have a job set up right as I finish my internship. I will probably keep working at my other job part time just to have some extra cash. Maybe...it depends on my schedule and how much I will be making at my new job. One step at a time right? Right...one step at a time has never been style.

One more little thing....so a few weeks ago, my mom's car died. Completely and totally died. She has had a really rough couple of months, just one thing after another. Her car dying was sort of the last straw. Since she didn't have a steady enough income to get a loan for a car, she was looking at ones that would die a week later anyway and I just didn't want to see that happen. So Jayson and I talked about it and decided we would get a car in our name and she would just make the payments to us. It wasn't much but it's the newest car she has ever had and hopefully, this will turn things in the right direction for her. I will post some pictures of it soon but that just happened to be her Mother's Day present this year (and probably for a few years!) and she is SO happy. It's been great to help her out and I really hope this will be the thing she needs to get back on her feet.

Alright, so now that I am pretty much up to date, I am going to get my portfolio ready for my job interviews tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

0 comments: